Sunday, April 22, 2007

Using Stamp Camp Leftovers

It's been a while since I posted...but I have been stamping like crazy! I have been designing items (mostly cards) using sets from the mini-catalog, Doodle This/Doodle That and Office Accoutrement. Spring flowers are growing in my samples as well as in my garden!

When I host stamping events in my home, I tend to cut too much cardstock. So my stamping area sometimes gets dumped on after an event. As I am anxious to start something new, I see the piles of extra cardstock, ribbons, or accessories. Leftovers again??? I think to myself. Hmm, this sounds like when I make too much chicken for dinner, and I am the only one eating it after the second meal.

What I usually do with my leftovers is make the cards for my own personal card stash - and I'll send some of these cards to customers for their birthdays (well, at least those who didn't attend the Stamp A Stack!).

However, after this Spring Stamp A Stack, I had lots of the Petals designer paper (with the pretty So Saffron and White flowers) cut. I was getting bored with the same card, so I wanted to strike out a new stamping path. So I put to the side some of the pieces, and then I brought in pieces from other leftover projects...like that Cool Caribbean cardstock and the Chocolate Chip (which I seem to use very often this year). Well, just playing around with those pieces made a new color combo jump out at me. I just couldn't get enough! Here is one example using this new color combo (for me) and a new card format (again, for me):


I hope you like the color combo too!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Love how you used the yellow and blue. Such a great card!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

You make beautiful work!!

Have a nice day!

Bety. εïз