Friday, August 8, 2008

Catalog Coupon Club Pick-Up Party

Thanks to all of my loyal Catalog Coupon Club who stopped by and picked up their catalogs last night. It was a fun night, and I truly appreciate your business!

First off, here is my coupon book this year - I think it is adorable!


I used Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze colors. What a fantastic color combo! Hopefully, my customers will enjoy their own little sock monkey this year!

It was a whirlwind evening - with lots of food and a new drink! However, my customers were more concentrated on the new catalog than the food. It is a fabulous catalog - with lots of beautiful and fun stamp sets - the Under the Stars stamp set with Skeeter wheel was a big hit. Hmm, maybe that should be on my first order! I love the new punches - the wider oval and the new label punch will be favorites for me. Plus the new papers - WOW!!! I will be planning lots of stamp camps around these gorgeous designs!

I made a delicious Asti punch - it was taken from an online recipe - but I never make things EXACTLY like it says on recipe cards. Here is my punch recipe:

Jane's Asti Sangria

1 bottle Asti Spumante (does not have to be expensive!), chilled
3 c. Ginger Ale, chilled
2 c. Lemonade (not concentrate), chilled
1 c. Frozen Peaches
1 Lemon, sliced in wedges

Mix together in a glass pitcher - and serve cold and on ice. You can add strawberry slices or lime slices too!

It was delicious!

Another crowd pleaser was my Strawberry Lemon Trifle. I bought a trifle bowl at a Pampered Chef party this year - this is a great item! Well, it holds a lot too - so I am actually revising the recipe I had to make it fill up the bowl more completely. Here is my revised recipe:

Jane's Strawberry Lemon Trifle

INGREDIENTS
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
2 cups lemon yogurt (I used Yoplait Original)
4 cups skim milk
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
4 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
2 (9 inch) prepared angel food cake

DIRECTIONS
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add the milk, pudding mix and lemon peel; beat until smooth. Tear cake into 1-in. cubes; place a fourth in a Pampered Chef trifle bowl. Top with a fourth of the pudding mixture and a fourth of the remaining strawberries. Repeat twice. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture and add whole or sliced strawberries on top. Cover with trifle bowl lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.


You could certainly add or improvise with different fruits - a blueberry lemon trifle would be unbelievable!

Oh, I forgot to mention this - I had this party planned for about 2 months...and thankfully, my UPS man came about Noon on Thursday with my catalogs! I was panicking wondering what I would do if I had to tell my customers their catalogs were not in yet!!!!

Can't wait to spend time with my new stamps and play!

No comments: