Monday, July 2, 2007

Other Priorities

There is a big joke in my family. Actually, my mother-in-law said it first.

When my sister Margie visits from New Jersey, the world as we know it stops.

Now, keep in mind, that when my mother-in-law first said this, it wasn't very funny - it was meant to be a slam against me. Now, I have mellowed a bit and relish in this phrase.

Well, my sister and her family visited us last week...so my blog, gallery website, stamping, and everything else did halt a bit. Did you feel the world screech to a halt???

We gathered at my mom's house in Milwaukee all of last week and enjoyed being together. My sister even came to my book club meeting (a real treat). My nephew Matt wanted to do taste testing of various hamburger joints in Milwaukee. We tasted some of the best - Kopp's and Gilles. He was partial to Kopp's. One more place I would have loved to have taken him was Solly's (if you're ever in Milwaukee, you have to try this place), but time ran out.

During Margie's last visit, the sisters started a new tradition - going out on the town all by ourselves - no husbands, parents, or kids. This time we did it again and had a fabulous time, and we even did some business brainstorming (all captured on a cocktail napkin).

My sisters are just the best. We were good to one another as kids for the most part (Yes, Mary I am truly sorry about how I unintentionally duped you regarding the paper route), but as adults I consult them above everyone else and treasure them dearly.

Both of them are so passionate about their lives and their families. I wish I had daughters to see this cycle continue, but I am passing down this love of family to my three boys. They will be best friends forever too.

1 comment:

kathleenh said...

It's so much fun spending time with family. I enjoyed hearing your story.