Friday, February 13, 2009

14 Days of Love Projects - #10 Game Night Tin

When this new stamp set and Designer Series Paper were released, I was thrilled. Ever since I was a little girl and my Grandma Rice taught me to play Kings on the Corners, I have truly enjoyed playing cards. I used to wake up early and play solitaire on my desk in my bedroom (which truly annoyed my little sister Mary Jo especially when I shuffled the cards) In Wisconsin, one of the traditional games is Sheepshead. I learned this game in the high school lunchroom (Catholic School education - what can I say?), and I wish I could get together with my friends to play this game more often. My mother-in-law taught me to play Spite and Malice - and she is a true card shark! So card games are very dear to my heart. Here is a tin for the card lover in your life - you could add dice, quarters, a "doubler" chip, game rules, bridge notepad and pencils...you get the idea!


1 comment:

vickiw said...

dWhat a fun Idea, 14 days of fun, what could be better, except a good ole' game of sheepshead. I don't know how to play it but my mom and dad talked about playing it a lot back in the day. We play pinochle, pitch all of them, canasta, and the other usual's
LOve this idea for a guy gift which are always so HARD...knowwhatImean
how do you fit the peanuts in this tin though? hahaha
This kind of set is way overdue don't you agree, its on my wish list
I'll be back for more looks