Monday, December 8, 2008

25 Cards of Christmas - December 8th

For today's card, I chose one that uses a technique that I have always been scared of. I know this sounds silly, but although I have been stamping since I was 15 years old (I'm closing in on my mid-40s right now), there are just a few techniques that intimidate me.

The reflection technique used to incorporate using the Stamp-a-ma-jig. I have owned one ever since I became a demo...but honestly, I've never used it. Shame on me.

I learned a different way to do the reflection technique using an acetate sheet (much like the SAMJ, I know). However, all you had to do is stamp the image with Stazon on the top of the base piece and then once on the acetate and then flip the acetate and smoosh it down at the bottom of the base piece. Voila! OMG! I was giddy with excitement when I tried it the first time and it worked!!!!!! My Technique Tuesday class loved learning this easy method!

To be honest, I didn't have too many stamps that I immediately thought of when I wanted to try out the technique EXCEPT Lovely As A Tree. That stamp set is the PERFECT choice for this technique...and I am crossing my fingers and toes that it is not one of those on the chopping block tomorrow morning when the 2008 Fall Winter Stamp Set retirement list comes out.

Ok, enough talking and typing....here is my card!

What technique(s) intimidate you?????

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

What a lovely card and such a quick easy technique! :o)