Tuesday, December 2, 2008

25 Cards of Christmas - December 2nd

Tonight I held my December Technique Tuesday class. I adore these ladies - they are the core of my business and are fabulous and fun to be around.

One of the techniques I taught tonight was Faux Quilting. This is a great technique to use with bits and pieces of your Designer Series Paper. Many samples I found online used the larger square punches. For the card below, I actually used the 3/4" square punch. It made a smaller quilt, but it was easier to plan a card around this size. Here it is:


To make the quilt - punch out 6 squares. Take one square and cut in half diagonally and then cut each of those again diagonally. The Old Olive piece is 2.5" x 2.5" for the 3/4" punch quilt. Start and ahdere one full square, and then use one of the squares as your spacer. Get the four corners done this way (using the spacer square really helps line it up). Then use those four cut pieces in between the full squares. Finally adhere the spacer square in the middle. It is hard to see, but there is some paper piercing on the upper right and lower left of the More Mustard piece.

1 comment:

Cath said...

I love the colours on this card! I'm trying non-traditional colours this year and this is a great combination!