Thursday, January 31, 2008

Technique Tuesday Shaker Card

This Tuesday was my scheduled Technique Tuesday stamp class. One of the techniques I was planning on showing was the shaker card technique. I created my class sample with the adorable stamp set Happy Heart Day. I knew my customers were going to love this card!


Sadly, the Wisconsin winter weather forced a cancellation - the 50 mph winds and -35 degree windchills were not conducive to stampers driving to my home.

February's Technique Tuesday's group will be making a different shaker card as it will be held towards the end of the month.

Here are some quick instructions - Stamp mouse image in StazOn on Real Red cardstock. Attach brads. I then used a non-SU circle punch for the window - you could also use a Coluzzle. I then layered and attached some acetate over it. Stamp butterfly image on a separate piece of Whisper White (make piece larger than punched circle), color in, and play with placement of image inside shaker.

After this is done, you need to put some double-stick foam tape or excess rubber from your cut-out stamp sets in a square design to buffer/block the shaker insides from scooting all over. Do not tear off protective strips on the outside yet.

Now carefully put in your shaker items - don't use too much or too little for the best effect. I used some heart confetti and Stampin' Up!'s micro beads.

Tear the protective strips off the double-stick foam tape. Place your focal image on top. I then put double-stick foam tape on the underside edges of my layer - it just helps with propping it up correctly.

I then colored in the flower with a white gel pen and made a tag and popped it up with Stampin' Dimensionals and added the jeweled brad! Mount on Basic Gray and Basic Black cardstock and attach to a Whisper White card.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: