Tuesday, May 1, 2007

2007 Retirement List

Well, as I have said on this blog...May 1st is usually an exciting time for SU demos and customers alike.

The 2007 retirement list is out (see left column for a link - it will take a while to load). With over 585 stamp sets and wheels available during this year alone, Stampin' UP! retired about half of them (292 stamp sets and wheels) so far. The mini-catalog stamp sets or wheels that have been retired will not be announced until the unveiling of the new catalog.

In years past, I have usually "lost" between 20-30 stamp sets. This year's list was a true purging of old and tired sets (some have been in the catalog for over 10 years). My loss this year is 58 stamp sets and 14 wheels - double what I would usually lose. So I do feel a bit like I have been punched in the stomach with the retirement of some of the more recent stamp sets to my collection. I have been anxious and excited for this day to come - as for me it is a real spring cleaning. However, letting go of some of my new favorites is harder than in previous years...PETAL PRINTS? GIFTS OF JOY? (I loved that Santa) ALL NATURAL? NATURAL BEAUTY? SPORTING GOODS? CLASSIC PICKUPS?(my boys have their eye on this one) There are many more I will miss but knew their time was up.

These were my standbys...thank goodness Lovely as a Tree is still with us. I am looking forward to the new sets (and hopefully lots of masculine/boys sets that aren't too cutesy!), but today I am just a bit shell-shocked.

No comments: