Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Ponderings on the 2008 Stamp Set Retirement List

With each new catalog, there is some sadness in seeing previous favorite stamp sets hit the dust so to speak. This new retirement list is no different.
As a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, it is in my best interest to showcase stamp sets that are available to purchase. That is why I rarely keep retired stamp sets. I do hold on to a very few (I can count 8 stamp sets I have saved since 2000 - mainly religious and children/school related). I also have a customer garage sale that is always a huge hit. My customers get first dibs on my retired stamp sets. I then list the ones that didn't sell on my website garage sale (we are not allowed to sell the stamp sets until they are retired).
What will I miss from this year's retired list?
Happy Camper - this one was so fun to work with, but I had always hoped there would be a phrase accessory stamp set
Yappy Day - although I do not have a dog, I really enjoyed working with this set
Unfroggettable - Perfect set for those in-between kid cards
Peaceful Wishes - I thought this set was so elegant - it was one of the few non-snow holiday stamp sets I had!
Touch of Nature - I especially loved the Shakespeare phrase in this set
Although I will miss these stamp sets, I know Stampin' Up! has many new and exciting stamp sets that I will love with the new catalog!

No comments: